Fugro provides a wide range of advanced numerical modelling services:
- Our suite of advanced numerical modelling tools includes commercially available software such as FLAC, PLAXIS, Abaqus, ELFEN and Limitstate:GEO. We enhance the capabilities of these software programmes by writing supplementary code in-house for specific applications.
- We utilise the features of various tools, including commercial software and our own programmes, to develop multistage procedures using different analysis tools. For example, we calculate pore pressure generation or soil strength gain or degradation using one software and input data into another to perform a soil-structure interaction analysis.
- In some situations, we verify predicted behaviour using the latest advances in research tools and/or physical model testing. Our strong links with research institutions ensure we keep abreast of state-of-the-art developments in numerical modelling and physical modelling techniques. In addition, our research into numerical and physical modelling enables us to easily implement changes to our models and benefit our clients.
- Observing deformation patterns and failure mechanisms of shallow and deep foundations using advanced analysis tools can identify behaviour not captured by traditional analysis methods. Thanks to many years’ experience in offshore foundation design, we can identify situations that require additional analysis in order to determine the governing behaviour.
- Based on our experience in geotechnical modelling and soil behaviour, we have developed constitutive models to represent non-standard soils. In particular, our expertise in carbonate materials is unique and we have developed models to capture the unusual nature of these soils when subjected to various loading conditions.