Our prepayment weather forecast service provides accurate and up-to-date weather forecasts in a quick and clear format. This service is ideally suited for business that require occasional weather forecasts such as:
- Film companies
- Advertising and insurance companies
- Building contractors
- Mobile crane services
- Tower crane services
- Events organisers
GbMar supplies instant up-to-date weather forecasts onshore for any global location for up to ten days ahead. With no generic pre-recorded forecasts, clients can speak directly to a forecaster for the latest information or to discuss their specific requirements.
Features of the weather forecast service
- Tokens are bought in batches and remain valid for one year
- Service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Simple to use
Delivery method and required tokens
- Telephone Forecast = 1 Token (5 minute phone call)
- Standard Email Forecast = 3 Tokens (two hour response for site specific forecast)
- Premium Email Forecast = 4 Tokens (one-hour response for site specific forecast)
Weather forecast services are sold and delivered by GBMar GB Marine Limited, part of the GBMar Group of companies.
- Service is available 24 hours, 365 days a year. In most cases, telephone enquiries can be answered immediately.
- Tokens can be bought in batches and remain valid for 365 days.
- A full refund is available if a written request is made to the customer within 7 days of online payment for tokens. A refund cannot be processed if tokens have been used from the purchased batch.
- We are not able to refund individual tokens or any part of a token batch.
- The charge for a telephone call is one token based on a nominal 5 minute discussion with the forecaster for any location within NW Europe. There may be an additional charge for forecasts for other worldwide locations.
- Emailed text forecasts:
- Email forecast rates are based on an output of a normal three to five day forecast for a site. If the request is for more days then extra tokens will be charged this is charged at one token per extra page.
- A request for a STANDARD response-time forecast is charged at three tokens and will be delivered within two hours.
- A request for a PREMIUM response-time forecast is charged at four tokens and will be delivered within one hour.
- Email forecasts can be arranged in advance (minimum three hours’ notice required for guaranteed delivery time). You will then be charged at the STANDARD rate.
- The charge for a basic one page climatological hindcast report is three tokens
Please contact GBMar GB Marine Limited for a quote for hindcast reports on past weather for insurance claims or lost time on a set caused by the weather.
DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATION
In this Agreement (as hereinafter defined) the following words and expressions shall have the meanings hereby assigned to them:
‘Agreement’ means these Standard Terms and Conditions together with any quotation prepared by GBMar GB Marine Limited.
‘Client’ means the Company, firm, person or other body utilising the weather forecasting service or weather related studies.
‘Fugro GB Marine Limited’ means Fugro GB Marine Limited.
These Conditions of Business constitute the entire Agreement between GBMar GB Marine Limited and the Client to the exclusion of all other representations, statements, conditions, terms, warranties whether expressed, implied, statutory or otherwise except any implied by law or statute and which by law cannot be excluded. While the parties hereto believe (in all of the circumstances known to them at the date of entering into this agreement) that the provisions hereof are reasonable as to all of their terms; if a court shall determine that any one or more of the provisions hereof are unenforceable for any reason, such provisions shall be deemed to be severed from the body of these conditions such that the remaining provisions shall continue to stand and be enforceable between the parties hereto.
Neither party shall, without the consent in writing of the other, assign or purport to assign, or make over or dispose of in any way whatsoever any of its rights or obligations contained herein or resulting herefrom. GBMar GB Marine Limited shall however be entitled to sub-contract elements of the duties to be undertaken hereunder but on the understanding that GBMar GB Marine Limited shall remain responsible for the carrying out of such duties and shall be liable for the actions of the parties employed by it in accordance with the terms hereof.
These Conditions of Business shall prevail notwithstanding any variance or conflict with the conditions sought to be imposed by any other party. Variation or changes shall only be effective if made in writing specifically for such purpose, and signed by a duly authorised representative of both parties.
Prices and rates quoted in proposals or Order Acknowledgements comprise the net amounts to be received after payment of any sales or value added taxes, withholdings, customs duties or any other taxes or duties whether similar or dissimilar to the foregoing.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payment of the price or fees and expenses shall be made within 30 days from the date of invoicing. Failing such, interest at the rate of 2% per month will be chargeable on the outstanding balance until such time as it is paid in full.
EXPENSES AND DISBURSEMENTS
All expenses and disbursements incurred in carrying out the work will be charged at cost plus 10%.
Either party may terminate this agreement at any time by giving 60 days notice in writing to the other party. In the event of termination GBMar GB Marine Limited shall be paid all fees and costs incurred up to the date of termination, together with all costs of settlement of any outstanding obligation.
Any delay in the performance by a party hereto of any obligation hereunder necessarily arising from an event not reasonably foreseeable by and beyond the control of the said party shall be deemed not to be a breach of contract. If the delay shall continue for a period of 30 days either party shall be entitled to terminate this agreement by giving seven days written notice to the other party. GBMar GB Marine Limited shall continue to be entitled to all fees and costs incurred up to the date of termination.
The Client acknowledges and agrees the weather forecasting services to be provided by GBMar Marine Limited, which are the subject of this offer, are limited to those based upon meteorological and oceanographic analyses. Such analyses are of a predictive nature and, as a result, contain elements of uncertainty for which no assurance can be given. Therefore, it is agreed that GBMar GB Marine Limited shall have no liability for any damages arising out of or caused by actions or forces of nature whether or not these were predicted by GBMar GB Marine Limited.
- The Client hereby accepts liability for and indemnifies GbMar Marine Limited against any and all claims losses, damages, costs or liabilities of any sort in respect of or arising out of:
- Death, sickness or injury to any employee, officer or agent of any member of the Client Group;
- Damage to or loss of any property or equipment owned, leased or belonging to any third parties and used by any member of the Client Group, regardless of cause including the sole or contributory negligence of any one or more of any member of the Fugro GB Marine Limited Group or any of their respective servants, agents or employees.
- Advice and information, in whatever form it may be given, is provided by GbMar Marine Limited for the Client only and the Client shall indemnify and defend Fugro GB Marine Limited against any liability, claims, loss, damage, costs or expenses arising as a result of any other person relying upon such advice or information, except when special arrangements have been previously made in writing.
- Advice and information which is not required by this contract is provided gratuitously and will not subject GBMar Marine Limited to any liability, whether based on contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or other grounds.
In the event that GBMar Marine Limited shall at any time expressly or by implication waive any of its rights contained herein, such waiver shall not be deemed to prejudice in any way the enforcement of such right on a subsequent occasion.
RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES ACT
No terms of this contract shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to this contract.
This contract shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties hereto irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the High Courts of Justice in England.